Busca

lunes, 3 de agosto de 2020

3 Feet High and Rising, one of my favourite records

Today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite hip-hop records: 3 Feet High and Rising, from the De La Soul trio. It was published in 1989 and produced by Prince Paul.

 

It is an album that incorporates elements of jazz through sampling, introducing new ways of doing hip-hop. Also, the lyrics don't talk about the topics hip-hop used to talk about in the late 80s. In this sense, at the time the lyrics commonly revolved around gangster life, weapons and murders in the neighborhood. While those songs are legitimate and represent a reality for the black population in the United States, this album reflects that hip-hop can talk about anything. The main singles of the album are "Me Myself and I", "The Magic Number" and "Eye Know". However, I recommend listening to it in full and enjoying each of its moments.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario