Busca

lunes, 15 de junio de 2020

My Favourite Piece of Technology: Sampler Machines

My favorite technological object is the AKAI MPC 60 sampler machine. One of its main creators is Roger Linn, and it is a machine made up of 16 pads, in which each one has a sound assignable by the music producer. They are usually assigned drum sounds or small snippets of songs, which can then be mixed. It is a machine widely used by the hip-hop world, being an indispensable object in the studies of the main producers of the genre. Several classic hip-hop albums have been produced with this machine, such as DJ Shadow's "Endtroducing", one of my favorites.


Gustavo Cerati's Akai - MPC60 | Equipboard®
AKAI MPC60

One of my dreams is to have this machine in my house. Because it is very expensive and scarce, at the moment I have only been able to buy an AKAI MPK MINI, which has the same functionality as the MPC60, only with a different sound. In this sense, the characteristic of the MPC60 is its classic and worn sound. Unmistakable.

AKAI Professional MPK MINI MKII: Amazon.es: Electrónica
AKAI MPK MINI


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario